7 Steps to Winterize Your HouseWinter is quickly approaching, and if you're a homeowner, that means one thing: it's time to winterize your property.
Use this checklist to get started:
1. Wrap your pipes and outdoor faucets.
2. Clean out your gutters and downspouts.
3. Use caulk or weather stripping to close up any gaps around doors or windows.
4. Re-seal your deck to prevent damage.
5. Reverse your ceiling fans so they run clockwise (this will force warm air downward.)
6. Hang thick curtains or quilted drapes for extra insulation.
7. Replace the filter in your furnace.
Winterizing can keep your home comfortable during the colder months, as well as reduce your energy bills.